Printing copies with Epson SureColor SC-F10000
The option "without gap" is missing in the print dialog when selecting more than 1 copy.
When printing more than 1 copy, the printer always repeats the print marks between the copies; having print marks just at the beginning of the first copy and at the end of the last copy is not possible.
Printing copies of a job with Epson SureColor SC-F10000 is not working exactly as described in the documentation or as you are used from other printers.
From an outside view, the driver for Epson SureColor SC F10000 acts similar to all other printers. But it is very special when it comes to printing copies of a job. For almost all printers, the functionality for printing copies with or without gap is developed fully by Ergosoft. However, printing copies with or without gap with Epson SureColor SC-F10000 is part of the HTM2 driver interface and the printer firmware and thus, developed and provided by Epson.
Because of this specialty, there are some limitations in printing copies with this driver:
- The number of copies to be printed as well as the gap mode is part of the print data, that the PrintQueue sends to the printer.
- The PrintQueue sends just one copy to the printer and then sends the job to the Done queue.
- The number of copies cannot be changed while the job is printed.
- The number of copies cannot be changed when the job reprinted.
- The modes "without gap" and "without gap - repeat print marks" are identical. They add full print marks to each copy; skipping print marks between copies is not possible.
Since the copies are managed by the printer itself, it is not possible to print copies without gap with print marks at the beginning and at the end of the whole job. The toolset of Ergosoft provides two work-arounds:
- Use the Step & Repeat feature instead of the copy function (max. 100m)
- Send Copies Without Gap - Repeat Print Marks but remove all print marks and image margins
Issues with printing multiple copies
Problem/Question When printing multiple copies only one copy is printed and/or you receive an error message. Solution/Work-Around The general recommendation is the use of "Without Gap - Repeat Print Marks" Sometimes multiple copies have to be defined ...
EPSON SC-V7000 driver is not available
Problem/Question You bought a license for EPSON SC-V7000 driver, installed latest version of Ergosoft but the corresponding driver still doesn't show up in the list? Solution/Work-Around Because of its special properties, this driver needs to be ...
Correct cancellation of a print job
Problem/Question How to cancel a print job with multiple copies and continue printing with the appropriate number of copies? Solution/Work-Around Switch the PrintQueue to offline Cancel the job in the queue by using the context menu (right click) ...
Usage of Epson Spectroproofer
Problem/Question How to use the integrated Spectroproofer of Epson? Solution/Work-Around To use the Epson Spectroproofer an update patch is required. The respective libraries are not included by default. Please download the patch from our ...
Use Epson USB port
Problem/Question How is an Epson USB Port added to the Print Environment? Since there is no Option for it when adding a new Port. Solution/Work-Around As Epson USB does not have its own interface between the Ergosoft RIP and printer, a Windows ...